Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jovette Rivera




Some of my dear readers (probably the older ones) may remember the interview I did back in 2007 with originally-from-California-and-currently-staying-in-Japan songwriter Jovette Rivera, who had written Ya-Ya-yah’s song Baby Babe and also contributed songs to Shonentai’s PLAYZONE 2007: Change2Chance and Takizawa Enbujo 2007. Back then I asked Jovette to let me know whenever he’s back at working with Johnny’s again. Well, earlier today he emailed me to share with me the great news that he wrote a song for KAT-TUN’s upcoming album Break the Records -by you & for you-. The song is callled Moon and it’s the bonus track that comes only with the regular edition of the album.

I’ve listened to quite a number of Jovette’s songs, and I must say he writes some great stuff. You can listen to his wonderful ballad Bokura wa Love over on his MySpace

As for KAT-TUN, I hate to admit it (and it took me a loooong time), but they’ve been kinda growing on me recently because in the last year or so they came up with a couple of songs that I genuinely liked, unlike most of their earlier stuff. So, knowing that Jovette Rivera is a great songwriter whose work I adore I expect Moon to be a great song, and I can’t wait to listen to it.

No comments: